Just Because I Write In English Doesn’t Mean I Don’t Care About My Mother Tongue
What They Said About MR
"The Malaysian Reader wins the headline competition: Star Wars Nerds Around the World Just Had An Orgasm: The Jedi Path [Vault Edition]" - Daniel Wallace via twitter
"[H]e writes his reviews- excellently! Loved it! Terpengaruh nak baca the books he reviewed...Well, anyway, I think I’d like to follow his blog and especially his reviews. English [dia] best. And funny." - Aisyah, aisyahssecret.blogspot.com
"Khairul H goes shopping on Amazon.com for titles banned here and underlines the fact that The Home Ministry is in fact setting up a list of absolutely must-read books for Malaysians." - Sharon Bakar, thebookaholic.blogspot.com
"My search lead me to [The Malaysian Reader] and it's by far the coolest malay blog i've read (but then, i rarely bloghop). he blog in grammatically correct English. (duh!) and most importantly, his blog leads me to [Goodreads-Malaysia]. (so, there's such group in Malaysia). aku hampir terkentut."Kukuanga, kukuanga.blogspot.com
The Malaysian Reader Greatest Hits
- Hey, Malaysians! Your FAQs On How To Shop @ Amazon.com Answered Here
- <em>CERPEN</em> oleh Nadia Khan (Buku Fixi, 2012)
- Thousand Apologies but I Love Mind Your Language
- Are Books Really Expensive in Malaysia?
- Review: <em>Tapai</em> by Hishamuddin Rais (ZI Publications, 2010)
- Dr. Faiza Hussain: Superheroine Vampire Killer.
- Bookshopping, Online or B&M? In Malaysia That's Hardly An Issue
- Vish Puri, Punjabi P.I.
- Only A Malay Would...
- The Malaysian Reader Interview That Never Happened
- My Totally Biased Review of Dr. Mahathir's Memoirs
- Malaysian Online Booksellers. We Have Them? Yes.
I read books because you don't want to!